The Champions League returns to the Wanda Metropolitano with the last group stage match, as Atleti faces Lokomotiv Moscow on Wednesday at 9 pm CET. Our team will look to qualify for the competition’s last 16.
- We have won three of our four European games against the Russian side. The other was a 3-3 draw in the 2007/08 UEFA Cup.
- Atleti haven’t lost any of the last eight matches against Russian clubs (7W, 1D). The last defeat was against Rubin Kazan in February 2013 (2-0 in the Europa League). The aggregate score of our last five games against Russian teams is 13-2.
- Lokomotiv Moscow have kept one clean sheet in their last 18 Champions League away matches (3W, 3D, 12L), since their 0-0 draw against Club Brugge in September 2002.
- Since Simeone first coached us in the Champions League in September 2013, we’ve kept 23 clean sheets in 32 home games, more than any other team over the same period.
- Oblak has kept 24 clean sheets in the 46 Champions League games he’s started. If he manages to remain unbeaten tomorrow, he will register the second best record of the competition after Dida’s 25 in 45 matches.
- Aleksey Miranchuk has netted twice in five shots on goal in the Champions League this season: only one Lokomotiv Moscow player has ever scored three goals in a single season (Maksim Buznikin, 2001/02).