Atleti faces a new Champions League challenge as we travel to Turin for the return leg of the competition's last 16. Our team is to play Juventus at 9 p.m. CET.
- We are yet to lose against Juventus in the Champions League, in which we've faced the Italians three times. The first two times we met were in the group stage of the 2014-15 season. At the time, we earned a 1-0 win at the Vicente Calderón and drew 0-0 in Turin. Our most recent encounter, of course, was the first leg of this year's last 16, in which we won 2-0 thanks to the goals from Giménez and Godín.
- Diego Pablo Simeone hasn't lost against Juventus either as a coach. Apart from the three aforementioned matches, the Argentine earned a 2-2 draw against the Turin side when he was managing Catania.
- Our team holds a record of 15 wins, four draws and seven defeats against Italian sides in UEFA competitions, whereas Juventus has registered 22 wins, 15 draws and 24 defeats against Spanish clubs. In those matches, we've scored 37 goals and conceded 18, while the Italian side has scored and conceded 68.
- In the 16 times that Juventus has faced a Spanish team over two legs, the Italians qualified nine times and were knocked out on seven occasions.
- Atleti went through in 30 of the 37 UEFA knockout rounds in which we won the first leg at home, including the last 19.
- The Turin side have lost just three out of their last 36 European matches at the Juventus Stadium (21W, 12D).
- Our team hasn't lost any of its last four away games against Italian clubs. We've also won eight of our last 10 clashes against Serie A sides.