Draw at the Cívitas Metropolitano

Correa gave our team the lead with a goal validated by the VAR in the second half and, in the final stretch of the match, Enes Ünal, from the penalty spot, made it 1-1. Red & white dominance without reward.

Atleti came out against Getafe with the same intensity and dominance as in the previous match against Valladolid. The difference was in the success in front of goal because while the Pucalladian team conceded three goals in the first half hour, the chances were not as clear and the last pass was missing for the goal to arrive. Quique Sánchez Flores' team played with a five-man defence and accumulated the midfield to close down spaces, which made it difficult for our team.

Nevertheless, the first warning came from Griezmann after three minutes, with a shot over the crossbar. In the second half the goal came, although it was disallowed for offside by Morata. De Paul had found the space with a through ball for the '19' to score in front of David Soria. The assistant referee raised his flag and Mateu Lahoz disallowed the goal. Shortly afterwards Griezmann tried again from distance but his shot went high.

Getafe found a counter-attack that ended with Enes Ünal shooting wide after a pass from Borja Mayoral. It was the 28th minute and up until that point the Blue and Whites had not looked in Oblak's domain. On the half hour, a good combination from De Paul to Molina, who passed to Correa, but his cross was missed by Morata by centimetres. Shortly after, Borja Mayoral shot over Oblak's goal. In the 42nd minute it was Lemar who tested David Soria with a shot that the Getafe goalkeeper saved.

The serious warnings came after the break. In the 51st minute, a cross from Molina was headed in by Lemar and saved by David Soria. But a quarter of an hour into the second half, after a corner taken by Griezmann and cleared by the defence, Lemar's right-footed shot was blocked by David Soria and Correa, very attentive, collected it to make it 1-0. A goal that took a while to go up on the scoreboard because the assistant had signalled offside but the VAR corrected the play to make the goal valid. And, of course, as Correa and Lemar had been substituted while the VAR was reviewing the play, the celebration was on the bench, where the scorer of the goal was.

The game entered a phase in which there were no chances until Borja Mayoral's shot hit Saúl's hand. Mateu pointed to a penalty that Enes Ünal converted to make it 1-1, which, despite our team's attempts, would be definitive. Carrasco had the chance to make it 2-1 in the 84th minute, in a counter-attack in which he beat several opponents but his shot went just wide of the post and Griezmann failed to push the ball in. Next Sunday, at Balaídos against Celta, a new round of La Liga fixtures.