Draw against Sevilla

A great first half from Atletico, superior to Sevilla and who went into the break 1-0 thanks to Gimenez's goal. There were chances for more goals in both the first and second half and at the end of the game En-Nesyri equalised.

With the qualification for the Champions League confirmed last Wednesday at Elche's ground, the team wanted to give the fans something to cheer about at the Wanda Metropolitano for the farewell to the season. And so they came out with energy, pressing all over the pitch, with speed and bottling Sevilla up in their own half. The chances didn't take long to come. In the third minute, Reinildo's cross-shot was saved by Bono in the six-yard box. Shortly after, De Paul stole the ball near the area and the Argentinian played Luis Suárez into the area, but his shot went just wide. And, in the 8th minute, De Paul took a free kick and Reinildo's header went just wide of the right-hand post.

Sevilla came into this game looking for a point that would give them direct qualification for the Champions League and were overwhelmed by Atlético for the first 20 minutes. The Nervionenses were looking to counter-attack and try to surprise, as happened in the 23rd minute, when En-Nesyri received a deep pass but his shot went wide. It was the Andalusians' first approach of the match.

The match continued with the same script, red and white domination with Sevilla suffering at every approach from our side. And the goal was coming and it came in a laboratory play. A corner kick taken by Carrasco to the heart of the six-yard box for Giménez and his header went in like a howitzer into Bono's goal. A goal that did justice to what we were seeing on the pitch and a result that would take us to the break.

The second half started with a double substitution for Sevilla and Lopetegui did not take more than 10 minutes to change the bench with another two substitutions. The Sevilla coach was not seeing his team well and made four changes to face the second half. In the 51st minute, it was Papu Gómez who tried his luck from the edge of the area but his shot was saved by Oblak. A minute later, De Paul's cross was headed just wide by Luis Suárez. The visitors tried again from distance with a shot from Papu Gómez that was saved by the Slovenian goalkeeper.

Our team had two more chances in the last quarter of the game. Carrasco started an individual move from the left on the edge of the box and De Paul, from the halfway line, fired a shot that Bono turned behind for a corner. And, in the 71st minute, Carrasco's free-kick was flicked on by Savic inside the area but went narrowly wide. In the final stretch, En-Nesyri crashed a header against the crossbar. But in the 85th minute, En-Nesyri himself took advantage of a cross from Óliver Torres to level the scores. In the end, despite our team's best efforts, the match ended in a draw. Luis Suárez and Héctor Herrera received a tribute from the Wanda Metropolitano on their farewell as red and white players.