Draw against Leverkusen

Atleti and Bayer Leverkusen drew in a new round of the Champions League in a great match for the Red & White team.

Atleti were unable to overcome the German side despite a great game from Simeone's men. De Paul managed to equalise at the start of a second half that was a Red & White monologue.

Both teams came out with the idea of taking the game from the first minute. This was demonstrated by the attacking approach of both coaches. The 22 players on the pitch were active from the start of the game in search of the goal that would put them ahead on the scoreboard.

Atleti pressed accompanied by their fans to find a goal that was not long in coming. It was Carrasco who struck a right-footed shot just inside Hradecky's near post from outside the area after a brilliant triangulation between Griezmann, Correa and the Belgian winger.

The game was still at a furious pace and both teams looked dangerous when they approached the opposition's box. This time Hudson-Odoi, shortly after Carrasco's goal, took advantage of a recovery in three-quarters of the pitch to put Leverkusen ahead again.

Our team had several chances in the remainder of the first half to level the score. The clearest chances fell to Correa and Giménez. The former after a great individual move that was blocked by the Bayer keeper and Giménez with a header from a corner that went over the crossbar.

The players of both teams went to the changing rooms after a physical display in the first 45 minutes. The second half started with the same intensity and with Atleti pressing for an equaliser.

Simeone's team's intensity was soon rewarded. Rodrigo De Paul, who came on at the start of the second half, put the ball in the back of the net with a magnificent curling shot from the edge of the area. These were minutes of Red & White domination. The Cívitas Metropolitano was in the team's company as Atleti got off to a powerful start.

Antoine Griezmann had the third in his boots. A brilliant counter-attack in the 57th minute led by Molina ended up finding the Frenchman on the edge of the area who shot only to find Hradecky who sent the ball out for a corner.

The attacks of our team followed one after the other. Now it was Carrasco who regained the ball in the opposition half and tried another shot that was again blocked by the German goalkeeper. The rebound fell to Griezmann who couldn't hit it well and sent the ball into the side netting.

Oblak also appeared in the minutes of Red & White dominance. Leverkusen waited in their own half and went on the counter-attacks with verticality. In one of them, Paulinho shot hard and our goalkeeper came up big under the sticks to prevent the goal.

Atleti had a last-gasp winner. Carrasco couldn't beat Hradecky from eleven metres and the match ended with a draw that was too little too late at the Cívitas Metropolitano.