Atleti face Villarreal on LaLiga's Matchday 9. The game is to be played at 6.30 p.m. On Saturday at the Estadio de la Cerámica.
- Our team is just one match away from equaling its best streak without losing in all competitions in 2018 (5W, 2D) following the eight consecutive wins earned between Jan. 28 and Feb. 28.
- Ángel Correa is the player who has scored the most goals in LaLiga after coming on as a substitute (11) since he signed for Atleti, and the second from Europe's top five leagues after Olivier Giroud (12) in said period.
- Atleti are the only team of Europe's biggest five leagues that haven't conceded any goals in the first half of any game.
- Rodrigo was the field player who stole more balls (320) last season in LaLiga while he played for Villarreal, and the second of Europe's top five leagues after Doucouré (345 with Watford).
- Toko Ekambi is Villarreal's current top scorer in LaLiga with two goals.
- Jan Oblak hasn't conceded any goals in LaLiga's last four matches, and is the competition's goalkeeper with the most clean sheets (five).
- Only Atleti and Betis (five) have kept more clean sheets than Villarreal (four) in this LaLiga season.
- Jan Oblak is the goalkeeper highest save percentage in LaLiga (82.6%), whereas Asenjo is fourth (79.4%).