Atleti are to face Sevilla away on Saturday at 6.30 pm CET in LaLiga’s 12th matchday.
- Sevilla have only won one of their last 17 league games against our team: 1-0 at the Sánchez-Pizjuán in October 2016. However, they’ve earned eight draws over those 17 clashes.
- Since Simeone took over as our manager, we’ve one four of our eight LaLiga matches at Sevilla’s stadium (4W, 3D, 1L), one more time than in the previous 23 visits to the Sánchez-Pizjuán (3W, 8D, 12L).
- Simeone’s side have won their last three home matches in LaLiga, and have kept clean sheets in the last two. The last time the Andalusia club won three straight games without conceding any goals was in September 2017 with Berizzo as coach.
- Ángel Correa has provided the assists in our last three league goals, and has already set up his teammates more times than in the entire last season (two).
- Simeone on Saturday will coach his 300th LaLiga match at Atleti (185W, 67D, 47L). Only four coaches have ever reached that milestone at the same club: Miguel Muñoz at Real Madrid (424), Luis Aragonés at our club (407), John Benjamin Toshack at Real Sociedad (322) and Johan Cruyff at Barcelona (300).