We’ve reached halfway of the Champions League group stage and matchday 4 is here as Atleti gear up to face Bayer Leverkusen at 9 pm CET on Wednesday.
- Both sides have faced each other seven times in UEFA competitions, registering three wins for our team, three draws and one victory for the Germans.
- Our historic record against German clubs stands at 21 wins, seven draws and 15 defeats, scoring 58 goals and conceding 48 in the process. Leverkusen have faced Spanish teams 38 times, winning 10, drawing eight and losing 20. In the meantime, they’ve scored 43 goals and conceded 63.
- Simeone’s men have only lost three of their last 25 European matches (16W, 6D).
- We’re the team that has scored the most headed goals (three) in the current group stage.
- Apart from the headers, our other two goals have been netted with the right foot, whereas Leverkusen’s was an own goal.
- Bayer Leverkusen player Sven Bender is the player that has completed the most successful passes (258) in the group stage.