Atleti face Sant Andreu at 7.30 p.m. CET on Wednesday at the Wanda Metropolitano in the return leg of the Copa del Rey Last 32. Our team will look to qualify for the round of 16 following the 1-0 win at the Narís Sala stadium.
- The game is to be the second time we host Sant Andreu, after having done so in December 2013 also in the Copa del Rey Last 32. Our team earned a 2-1 win at the Vicente Calderón thanks to goals by Héctor and Alderweireld.
- Even though this is our first round in the current edition of the Copa del Rey, Sant Andreu are already in their fourth tie. The Catalan side has knocked out UE Cornellá (1-1, [2-3 on penalties]), Gernika (1-0) and Calahorra (1-0).
- Kuku, Ton Alcover and Felipe Sa have scored Sant Andreu's three goals in this year's Copa del Rey. Gelson Martins has scored our goal.
- Sant Andreu are the only remaining Tercera División team in the Copa del Rey, out of the category's 18 clubs that started the competition.
- Between league, Copa del Rey and Copa Catalunya, Sant Andreu have played 10 away games in the current season (1W, 5D,4L).
- Out of our current squad, Koke is the player who has played the most Copa del Rey games with the Atleti shirt (36). Diego Costa is our top scorer with 12 goals in 22 matches.
- Since Simeone's arrival, he has managed our side in 44 Copa del Rey matches (24W, 11D, 9D).
- UE Sant Andreu's best result in the competition was in the 1970/71 season, when the Catalans reached the quarter finals in the then-called Copa del Generalísimo.